A Quick(ish) Update

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Hey Family! It's been a while since we've had a quick update on our little family, I thought I'd fill in on what's happening out here in St. Charles! Here are the highlights:

{Brian}
Brian has a new job at Coca Cola!! We are SO GRATEFUL for this job. As we've mentioned, the transition to STL and the job situation was not exactly what we had planned. Brian took a job at Traeger (and hated it) while he looked for something more permanent. He started at Coke a month ago, and LOVES it. He is working as an account manager relief position while he waits for a permanent position to open up. His position is full time, but he basically fills in for other account managers when they are out. He's next in line for a route of his own so we're crossing our fingers! In the meantime, he's learning a lot and we're grateful for a job with such a great company. Other than the fact that they sell sugar water (lol), we're pretty pleased with them! They've got a great benefit package, and he's enjoying his co-workers. He talks about {fill in work lingo here} ALL the time. While it's COMPLETELY BORING (don't tell him that), I am THRILLED to hear him love what he's doing so much. It's long hours, but Brian prefers that over standing around all day (like at Traeger)! It's such a blessing that he is such a hard working man. LOVE HIM!
On the home front, Brian is the best daddy ever. He's so great with this little boy and I love watching them together.

All the "kids" snuggled with Daddy, reading Chicka BOOM!
Getting ready to watch Kentucky play in the Elite 8!!
Beckett LOVES watching basketball.

{Denise}
I can't even tell you how much I love being at home. I stay incredibly busy (I am ALWAYS behind on my to-do list) and I get to spend so much time with my sweet, precious little boy! So that I'm doing a little bit of work, I've been working on my store on Teachers Pay Teachers, which has been a blast for me. Lesson planning & creating materials has ALWAYS been my favorite part of teaching. I'm a nerd like that. I also do a little bit of blogging. It's a fun way to get down some of my ideas, help my fellow teachers out, and get little shameless plugs in for my TPT store. ;)
I also spend time just doing mom & wife stuff. I love menu planning, and have been working on moving toward a more paleo diet again. I DON'T love cooking, but I feel like it comes with the whole "stay at home mom" territory, so I do it as much as I can muster. I'm learning to take over the budget (which is a BIG SCARY DEAL in our house) and I'm learning to sew & embroider!! How cliche is that?
I also get to have PLAYDATES!!! This is seriously the best part, although we're definitely ready for winter to be OVER so we can get out more! I love being near Brittany & the kiddos. That alone is totally worth picking up our entire lives and moving 600 miles to the middle of the stinkin country, where God seems to have forgotten the water & mountains. Not bitter or anything.

Hangin at home, making silly faces.
{January}
Babysitting & hangin with the cousins!

{Beckett}
Beckett is awesome. We are so in love with this little boy. He's completely chill all the time. He's really the most laid back baby I've ever met. It's a huge blessing and also a little terrifying. WILL THE NEXT BE THE EXACT OPPOSITE? Oh dear baby Jesus… LoL.
He's 4 and a half months right now, but wearing size 12 month clothes! He's a healthy beast, for sure. Apparently he takes after his daddy. Grandma says that she had the same experiences I am having (big baby, big eater, exhausted mommy!). Unfortunately, he's not on a sleep schedule yet. Mommy is going insane. This week we're working on getting that under control. Time to crack a whip before mommy just CRACKS. :)
In other news, Beckett is already asking for a little sibling. That may be happening soon(ish) so heads up! Brian is praying for twins. Ha. No.

4 months
Elite 8 Game Day
@ 4 months

{The Family Stuff}
In other news, we are still LOVING St. Charles. We've found a church, Matthias' Lot, that we really love, and a small group (which we call Lot Family) that we also love. We're so pleased to have found a church that is so intentional about meeting the needs and also challenging its people. Being there has really encouraged each of us in personal lives and also challenged us to be intentional how we'll raise Beckett. Our prayer is that God will teach us to model to this little boy (and his siblings) how to love and follow Jesus, and to love the people around us. We really believe being at Matthias will help with that journey!
We still haven't completely adjusted to having so much family nearby. It's AMAZING! We've been able to spend lots of time with the cousins and also able to see both sets of grandparents more in the last seven months than we probably did in the last seven years, combined. Beckett LOVES his grandparents and we're so grateful to have them be a part of his life!

Reading with PaPaw & Gradma!!
Silly Papa!! LOOOOVES his grandbabies!
Uncle DJ. Beckett's twin.
Meeting Granddad

Being entertained by Uncle Darrell
Snuggling with Nana! (Which makes Mommy jealous. He NEVER snuggles me!)
Aunt Brittany helping Migraine Mommy by babysitting! LOVE.

{Travel}
Most who know us know we have a reputation for being always on the go. Busy busy busy! We thought when we moved here and had a kid, life would slow down. Not so much. As of this weekend, we will be traveling or hosting guests every weekend for the next 7 weekends. We definitely plan to chronicle our adventures! :)

{The House}
Is a hot mess.

We hope to make some serious progress as the weather warms up. The playroom is ALMOST complete and we'll be posting an update on that soon!


And that's everything! We're happy and super blessed. This has been a fun and adventurous year!






No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs