What I Learned in October

Friday, November 1, 2013

I had fun doing my "What I learned in September" so I thought I would go ahead and reflect again! Boy, it's been a fast month! Here's what I learned in October:

1. I went hunting with B and learned a little bit: Deer are smart... and have REALLY GOOD senses of smell. And you have to get up early... that's all I really remember. (I'm hoping to go next year when I'm not size XXXXXL).


2. I learned how to make a quilt! Soo.. what had happened was: I was reading up on the photographer who will be at the hospital doing newborn pictures. They recommend we bring a blanket with "special sentimental value." "WHAT?! I'm supposed to have one of those?!?" Of course, we've had some LOVELY friends and family make & buy us blankets, but I was suddenly struck with the guilty notion of MOMMIES MAKE BLANKEYS. I think? Anyway. Spur of the moment decision. I decided to wing it instead of asking for advice or googling it. This is what I came up with.



3. Baseball is a time-consuming sport. Did you know that there are like a MILLION games in a season? And then like twenty more just to win their Super Bowl? I know... it's a "World Series." But it means Super Bowl. You know what I mean.

I also learned about baseball that they don't have "overtime" - just "extra innings." Whatever. The whole thing is too much time anyway.

PS. Sorry about the loss, Cards.


4. The third trimester is painful & uncomfortable...
Actually, I had heard this... NUMEROUS times from all of the encouraging veteran mommies. I was forewarned time and again at how I should RELISH the second trimester because the third trimester was COMING. Thanks for the warning ladies. I guess some things you just have to experience before you realize the true beauty. I don't sleep. My whole body hurts. I want this kid out.

That's all I can remember right now... Maybe I should journal better ;)

Anyway, Happy November!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs